Did you see Hunger Games this weekend? If you haven't seen it yet. Go ASAP! It was so amazing. I highly recommend reading the books before you see it but, that's just me. Anyways, so I have been pondering the movie ALL weekend. Literally. Ask Daniel, I couldn't sleep Friday night because I was processing it all.
Where to start? I think I'll make a likes/dislikes chart. Yes, that's what I'll do. Deal? Ok. I'll start with the dislikes since there wasn't very many.
{WARNING: If you havent seen the movie or read the books, DONT READ}
Dislikes:
+ Gale. I thought I would love him since I think he's mighty fine. Honestly, I thought he was terrible. Sorry Liam. {did you hear that him and Miley are engaged? what the what? wonder if it's real}
+ The shaky parts when Katniss was having her hallucinations. Gave me a headache.
Likes:
+ Katniss was AMAZING. Jennifer Lawrence was the perfect Katniss.
+ They did such a good job sticking with the book. I was so happy. I feel a little sad for those of you who haven't read it because, it's that good!
+ Cinna: Lenny was the PERFECT person to play him. He did so good! Go Lenny!
+ The opening scene of her running through District 12 is exactly how I pictured it. The people, the houses, the clothes, everything. Is exactly how I had it in my head.
+ The scene when Peeta tosses Katniss the bread in the rain. Um, PERFECT!
+ Speaking of Peeta. Uhhh can you say brilliant. I can't even!
+ The people in the Capitol. Again with it looking like how I pictured it.
+ Haymitch: Woody was actually perfect for that role. I wish he played more into the drunk part of his role.
+ Effie was just like I pictured her in the book. Everything about her was perfect!
+ Effie was just like I pictured her in the book. Everything about her was perfect!
+ In arena when the were all standing there waiting for the games to start, my heart was racing so fast. I was so excited.
+ Katniss' outfits were perfect.
+ The cave scene. Uh, I DIED which leads to...
+ ....the first REAL kiss between Peeta and Katniss. Enough said.
+ When peeta was hiding in the mud. I laughed so hard.
+ When rue died I cried my eyes out. Not sure why I did since I knew it was coming.
+ Oh and I cried when the called Prim's name in the reaping. Yea such a sap.
+ The braid touch. Seriously, couldn't have been more perfect! SWOON!
I tried to put my thoughts into more of a meaningful post but, I am still in the processing state of it. {bahaha} This movie was hands down amazing. I want to see it again and again. Maybe we'll see it when my mom and stepdad come visit this weekend. Hands down favorite movie of the year. I know it. Oh and have you seen this horrid Breaking Dawn trailer? No, well here it is. Really, really, really? "We're the same tempature."......BARF! Guys, I can't even. So glad this is the last one. haha!
Happy Tuesday!
XOXO

I really liked the movie too! My boyfriend thought it went a little fast, but he still liked it =) Can't wait to see the next one!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE. How mad were you when District 11 RIOTED?! I was like um..they're supposed to be sending her bread right now, what are they doing?! So many little things that they could have included in it too, like the green puss hallucination Katniss had with Glimmer, and the boy's blood spewing on her face when they fought for the backpack.
ReplyDeleteBD2 trailer, horrid, but I'm still excited, just cos I can't wait for it to be over with, haha.
Nice!
ReplyDeleteYeah I agree, good movie but a little to shaky at some parts almost have to turn away from the shaking
ReplyDeleteBAH!!! I agree with every single thing. Except... Gale. I thought he did an awesome job. Agree to disagree? Okay.
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously - can I unwatch that stupid trailer? I mean, really. "We're the same temperature now." PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING!
And I couldn't believe that they had district 11 riot at the wrong time. Like, seriously?!?! And the pin thing annoyed me.
And... I could talk about the movie for ages, but I won't, because I'm even starting to annoy myself with how much I've talked about it lately! :)
Thanks for linking up, I loved reading what you thought!!
love your thoughts about the movie! I'll go see it again with you. love ya cousin!
ReplyDelete1. the movie was flawless. jennifer lawrence was perfect. peeta was drool worthy.
ReplyDelete2. can't wait to see the movie again, again, and again.
3. i have been making my way through these twilight movies so i could finally see what bella looks like as a vampire. but for some reason this trailer does not do it justice. and the part with the deer and she pops out, hilarious!
xo TJ
HAHA. I literally laughed out loud when I read your comments about the new Breaking Dawn trailer. It was REALLY bad. Loved reading your comments about the Hunger Games movie as well... I agreed with a lot of what you said! And, holy crap, I almost died when Peeta and Katniss finally kissed in the cave...swoon. :)
ReplyDeleteI thought the casting was so good, but I didn't like Liam as Gale either...I don't think he made him very likable either.
ReplyDelete