Lately, I have been thinking about what kind of wife I want to be, and what kind of things I want to instill in our Marriage. I am so beyond excited to be a wife, to be Daniels wife. I know it's going to be a challenge at times getting used to things, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Dan has this way of making me feel capable of anything. When I went through a phase of doubting my "good wife skills". He was quick to tell me he knows with all his heart I will be an amazing wife. It's things like that, that help me know he is the man of my dreams. He supports me in all I do, he loves me for me, and he helps me be the best me. I pray I will be able to learn from all the wonderful examples of good wives I have been given, and become a loving, caring and understanding wife.
Last night before bed, I was reading "Living a Covenant Marriage" {an amazing book, highly recommend}, I got this feeling to make a list of things I want to do in within our Marriage to help strengthen it. So, I made a list {love making lists. ha} of things I feel are very important in a Marriage. I totally suggest it to newly engaged couples, soon to be married couples and married couples. A few things on the list are: never go to bed mad at each other, attend the temple once a month, have family home evening weekly, always kiss good night, read scriptures and say prayers together everyday, and every night when we are home from work and school, take five minutes before we do anything else, to sit and talk about our days. Those are just a few I wrote down. They're are many more. {haha}
I cannot wait for this chapter of our lives to begin. Just 50 days left 'til I will be a wife to the love of my life.
love is a beautiful thing.
picture by valory jean photography.

loooove this post. i think it is so important to know going into something so special what you want from it! i will definitely have to look into that book.
ReplyDeletealthough that may freak jj out a little. haha :)
You'll be such a great wife. I just know it! =)
ReplyDelete