11/28/2012

be happy. be bright. be you.


if you have been a long time reader of abcde you know i have struggled with being happy with myself. i always have struggled with finding happiness with myself. of course i am happy with my family, marriage, friends and life in general. it's me i have not been happy with. the last few weeks i have really been focusing on being happy with my imperfections. daniel always tells me to take it easy on myself, i know i need too but, it's so hard. you ARE your worst critic. 

i have done my best to keep busy during my days. some of you know that i am home all day. i don't work. i have my shop but, thats it. since i am home all day i have ALOT of time to think which in some cases is not good. with all this time on my hands i spent way too much time thinking of things i needed to change and how i am not perfect. blah blah blah. 

recently i have started reading more, saying more meaniful prayers/really thank my heavenly father for all my many blessings, taking pride in cooking good meals, cleaning more {sure the hubby loves it!}, reading scriptures daily, and sometimes taking walks to clear my head. i have noticed a HUGE difference in my attitude. one thing i do want to start is working out again. when i was working out regularly i was in a better mood generally but, it's oh so hard to get motivated right?! so, anyways here's to being happy. being bright and being me!! 

7 comments

  1. Hey Eryka! Glad I found your blog. :) I'm not working right now (long story) and I find myself feeling worthless all the time. What am I contributing? What am I doing to help my life progress? It just gets frustrating. Glad I am not the only one feeling that way!

    Kels
    storiesofkel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! though i just don't have the time to work out anymore, i definitely did feel really good when i did. i was more awake and had more energy and i felt good about myself for working towards a goal. the eating healthy/dieting part of it all wasn't as good though because when i slipped up i hated myself. so i quit trying to do it to get skinny, stopped dieting, and i started to work out to be happy and prove to myself that i COULD. that is a very good idea, my dear! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what you mean. i've struggled with the same thing, however i don't have any time ever at all to myself. so i don't have as much time to think about it or to work on it. right now im in a mind, body, spirit health class and we have focused on things such as this. there are so many things you can do to help and it looks like you are in the right direction! i was just going to suggest working out. i wish i had more time in the day because i really do want to work on my physical activity, but when you're gone for 12 hours a day, it makes it really hard, but i know i just need to buck up and do it. lets get motivated together!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are adorable. I feel like every woman struggles with this more than one point in their life. Get them endorphin's workin real good! That always makes you happier. You are so great--taking action when you realize you have an imperfection. I truly believe most of us would shove them out of the way and try to forget about them. Much love, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I have a bad day or a bad mood, especially when I am being negative and I hate life at the moment- my husband just tells me to exercise. It can drive me crazy because I want it to be more than just that- but normally, after I have worked out, or even gone on a good, long walk, I feel better and I am always much happier. =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love doing cleansing masques and scrubs! they are the best part of my week for my face. ha! you're so cute!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes staying busy is the best solution! I have jack to keep me pretty busy, but i still have quite a bit of down time, this is a good reminder that i need to find something to do! I am glad you have your shop and books! I am glad you have found happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls