I read this book in one sitting. I'm talking I stayed up til 3:30am one night reading. It was that good. It's about this 17 year old girl Kate. Kate grew up in a rough home. Her dad is an alcoholic and her mom is abusive. At school she is the "loser" and gets beat up/made fun of all the time.
She meets this boy in the 4th grade and he is the only one nice to her. He moves away and then moves back when they are 17. He quickly becomes her only friend. He stands up for her, shows her love and shows her how a family should be. They fall in love and she becomes part of his family. His family is a close, and loving family. They actually reminded me a lot of an LDS family {side note: the author is from SLC, so I see where she got her influence for his family!} In the end Kate finally finds her voice and the family she always wanted. She grows up a lot and learns to let people help her when she needs it. Which can be a message for us all no matter the issue if we need help, ask for it.
This book was a total page turner. I love the way it was written, and the way the author made you feel like the characters were real. I cried, laughed and totally wrapped myself in this book. I highly suggest it. It's an easy read and I totally think it should be made into a movie.
Do you want in on this bloggy book club? Sign up here!

No comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!
Have a happy day! :)