9/12/2013

what you don't expect, when you're expecting {part 2}


hi ladies, im back for part 2 of this little series on the blog. in case you missed the first part click here. i am sharing bits and pieces of what i have learned/experienced so far during my pregnancy. these are my own opinions and words. every pregnancy is different so you may not experience these things or you may. 


you get the memory of a pea
this is something i would tease friends for when they were pregnant. not fully understanding it was a real thing. let me tell you i forgot everything these days. dan finds it pretty funny. 

crying is a common thing
you will cry a lot. its ok because you have an excuse. your hormones are so out of whack  i cry sometimes at commercials, if i drop something and im exhausted, if dan gives me a weird look, thinking about how big i will be at the end, or what have you. you will cry. its ok to cry. trust me. 

ultrasounds will be your favorite 
every time we have an appointment i get so giddy. i love seeing our babies and watching the grow. ah it really is the best. i wasn't prepared for all the emotions the first time we saw them, i was blown away how amazing it is. there are two precious human beings growing inside of me right now. amazing. 

your body isn't the only thing changing
your marriage will too. you have all these crazy hormones going on and it's bound to happen. the little fights here and there. it's been a crazy ride so far and i know it's going to continue once the babies are here. this is something we are really working on. working on communicating, making time for each other, and putting each other first. easier some days then others but, isn't that true for marriage in general. 

your husband needs love still 
this is something i have tried to make a huge effort in doing. poor husbands tend to get left out when it comes to pregnancy. of course they helped in creating the babies but, they don't get to carry them and create that special bond right away. i don't want dan to feel left out or like it's all about the babies now. i try to plan things for us to do that don't involve anything baby related. {sometimes aka most of the time we end up talking about them! haha} he is probably more excited than me for these babies. ok, maybe we are tied with the excitement levels. 

so, all you mamas don't forget to show your husbands some love through out the pregnancy!

if it sounds good, eat it
this may not be true for every single pregnancy. in my case it was. since i was so sick my dr said "if it sounds good eat it". now that im in my 2nd trimester i try to eat a balanced diet as well as eat what sounds good. if i have a craving i indulge. i also drink TONS of water! that can be applied to every one! 


....i could probably go on and on with more but, i will save those for later on. if you have any questions feel free to email me {find my email under the contact me tab!} 

4 comments

  1. I cracked up at reading if "dan gives me a weird look" hahahaha! Glad to have these warnings for when I get pregnant :)

    Bri
    breezydaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby brain... So true and the tears about nothing... So very true! I cried over a soap opera yesterday... I've turned into a sap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling PJ that I can't wait to have my brain and my body back! Communication is so key during the pregnancy - especially considering both parts wind up on such short fuses, us due to hormones, the guys due to stress. And it's a good test-run for later on. :) I've also heard that a lot of cravings are related to something your body is missing - so a lot of times, as long as the craving isn't cake and ice cream, it's a good idea to give in! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I'm an emotional mess.
    I can cry at the drop of the dime anymore especially if I feel like B is being insensitive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls