9/12/2009

Temple Trip. : )

Thursday I had the chance to go to the Oakland Temple and perform Baptisms for the dead. I always love the feeling I get when I walk into the Temple, everything that is worrying me or bugging me is GONE. Which lately there has been a lot on my mind. It was so wonderful to have that all taken away for awhile. While we were waiting to be taken down to the Baptismal Font, we were all sitting in one of the waiting rooms. There was about 15 or so people and it was fairly quiet but there were some people talking a little loud. I was just a little annoyed, I mean we were in the Temple ya know?! So I pulled my Scriptures out and just starting reading to myself from where I left off that morning in 2 Nephi. As I was reading the talking went away, at least for me. I know it was still there, but It was just a background noise now. It was such an amazing feeling. So peaceful and calming. : ) Soon we were all given names, and this was the first time that I have done baptisms where they gave me the names before hand. So I able to read them over and over again. I loved it. It felt way more personal. It was such a great experience! I love the Temple.


"I love to see the Temple...I'm going there someday"


The view from on top of Temple. It's amazing the view from
the Oakland Temple. Especially at night. : )


I am grateful that I had the chance to attend the Temple, and am looking forward to the next trip!!! If you are having a bad day or just too much to handle, try going to the Temple even just walking on the Temple grounds. I feel like I post about Temple's a lot but I am just so grateful for them.


No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls