2/21/2010

finally putting it into words.

Today was Branch Conference for us singles and "holy moly" it was amazing. Needed to hear it all..isn't it wonderful they way our Heavenly Father answers your prayers. I have posted about this before and I was reminded again of that today. Even though most of what was shared today was about Conversion stories and finding your own conversion story. Something I got out of it all is how you act in certain situations (am I being a example?). Some people might be "how the heck did Eryka get that outta today?" Like I said our Heavenly Father revels things to each of us in a certain way. I have noticed in my life I tend to react in a certain way to things, and it has drove me crazy. I recognize it and fix it, but sometimes it is just hard. Right now in my life I am preparing to make some big decisions and it has been such a learning experience for me, I wouldn't be able to make these decisions without my examples I have...we talked about being an example to others and how it can it help them in converting. Well that can be applied in any part of our lives, as for me I am trying to set the example to "people" that im a friend and I will be there no matter what. It's something I hope will be returned to me soon. Everyday I pray for a way to be a better example to my loved ones and to "people". It is all of our duties as Children of God to be an example. In President Siefke's talk he mentioned the song "I Knew You" from Wicked: The Musical. 
"It may well be 
That we may never meet again
In this lifetime...
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a hand print on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Because I knew you.
I have been changed for good..."
As I read these lyrics over and over again It brings tears to my eyes. What a powerful song that can be applied to our lives (Especially my life. Like you don't even know). You may not know it but you are influencing so many people. Everyday you will influence someone. Like today we talked about conversion stories, well for those people who have been converted there was someone who was that example to them and helped them get to that point. Even if you have been a memeber your whole life, you had to of had a conversion story of your own, and Im sure there is one person who helped you get there or maybe more then one.
  There are things going on in my life right now, and I need to be the one to set the example to "people" that I am a friend and here for them no matter what. I can't let little things change that. right? I can only pray and hope that one day "people" will WAKE UP and realize that. All I can do is be ERYKA and be the daughter of God I am. We are all children of our Heavenly Father and need to follow his example. Heres are some last words we all need to follow concerning what I just said. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls