The background: The Hubby and I met while he was on his mission. He served in the Singles Branch I was attending. I only remember talking to him a few times, I had a "boyfriend" at the time and you can say I wasn't in the "look at the cute missionaries" phase like all the other girls. Anyways, the Hubby went home and about a year after he had been home. I noticed he started to like pictures of FB or like my status'. I would tell all my friends about and they all were like maybe you guys are soul mates. You know silly friend comments. haha!
One day in March 2010 he messaged me on FB and we started chatting. I had to go somewhere so I did something I never would have done before....I gave him my number. MY NUMBER! Yeah, cray cray. I didn't think he would text me but guys guess what he did. "Hope I put this in right...is this Eryka?"---thats the text I received. Alright, so after that day we started the talking everyday phase. We would text, fb chat, skype, and talk on the phone.
So after about a month of the talking everyday. I had a Utah trip planned to visit my cousin and of course to see Dan. So we could finally go on our first date. So now onto the first date story! haha
The first date: After a SUPER nerve racking flight to Utah, I landed. As I walked to baggage claim to meet him I was a WRECK. Super nervous. Oy! So I started going down the escalator I could seem him standing at the bottom holding a pink rose and sign that said "ERYKA". {CUTE THE AWWWW}
After a awkward hug we headed to his car and off to sushi we went. I don't really remember what we talked about. I do remember it was super awkward at first but, after dinner it wasnt so much. As we were walking to the car he said "I wish we could do what they were doing" {a couple holding hands walked by...haha} Yeah, we held hands!
From dinner we went to his house to watch "Hot Rod". At his house I met his parents for the first time and then we watched "Hot Rod". So they we are watching "Hot Rod" sorta cuddling on the couch. My cousin Annie called to see how it was going and to see when I was gonna be at her house. Before we said bye she asked "Are you falling in love yet?" But, Dan could totally hear her and we both started cracking up. Super funny!
After the movie he took me to Ogden where I was staying at Annie's. He came in and visited for a little and then I walked him out to his car and in my Aunt and Uncle's garage we had our very first kiss. Yeah we kissed on the first date. Bahaha!
..and the rest is history!
Did you guys enjoy that super long story?
{May 2010}
So now it's your turn! && be sure to go read Ashley's freaking hilarious date story. Like seriously I LOL--literallY!
how it works:
1. each week we will post the topic for that week, then blog about it on your blog and add the pic from above to your post.
2. then, come back here and link it up at the end of this post as well as go over to ashley's blog and do the same. make sure you link up to both!!
3. now, read other bloggers lists and get to know them, that makes it the party!!! be sure to spread the word of this awesome weekly link up party!

that was a cute story. I didnt really date anyone before I met my husband either.
ReplyDeleteStop by & enter my Vedette giveaway!
awww i love this. lots. i can't wait to have this kind of a memorable date to replace my bunny one ;)
ReplyDeletexoxo
i'm glad to know that some dates are a success :) haha really though, that was so precious, i love a good love story.
ReplyDeleteGlad awkwardness can turn into something great! :)
ReplyDeleteI've never been on a date. And I'm totally okay with that. (Although, I've been asked out) But your story is so sweet, Eryka. I cracked up at the "I wish we could do what they're doing" part :) So sweet.
ReplyDeleteXO
SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm