11/04/2012

kindness in the blogging world



i am breaking my no blogging on the weekend rule because, the last few days i have had something weighing on my mind. i know we are all guilty of judging others or thinking mean thoughts about someone. for me personally it's something i work on all the time. i try to remember not to judge others, for everyone is different. this leads me to bullying. we all have heard the ad campaigns to stop bullying in schools with kids. which i believe is a GREAT thing. it hurts my heart when i see kids being bullied. kids are not the only ones being bullied. 

i have this blog friend who has been essentially been a victim of being "bullied". actually there are handfuls of bloggers who are victims of being bullied. i'm sure you've heard of those websites where people go and say horrible things about these bloggers. i haven't been on any and don't plan on it. 

you guys, i cannot even. why do people feel the need to do these things? if you don't like someone's blog, don't read it. it is simple as that. if you don't cheese, you don't eat right? if you don't like the color pink, you don't wear it right? so when it comes to blogging if you don't like a certain blog, you don't read it right?! you shouldn't feel the need to post mean things about said bloggers. 

thinking about this just makes me sick. we are grown ups. let's act like it. how are you are suppose to be an example to the children of the world if we are guilty of bulling too. it really makes me sad when people feel the need to belittle others. so, i challenge you this week to do send a fellow blogger a note. wether it be handwritten and you mail it, or an email, a tweet, facebook message, etc. the blogging world is really a wonderful thing and it has been such a blessing in my life. i hope we can keep it that way. 

i hope you are all having a wonderful day! 
xoxo

{prints via here, here, here, and here}

9 comments

  1. Aww, I agree with you. Why would anyone say mean things? Sometimes I just don't understand people. A blog is your own personal space, there is no need to be so hateful or judgemental to someone trying to express themselves. This blog post was lovely and I hope you have a relaxing Sunday!

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hear about these elusive sites that bag on bloggers, and I don't even know where the crap people find those sites! I guess I'm so naive to think that everyone in the blogger world is nice, because everyone I've ever been in contact with has always been so sweet. I agree with you 100%. If you don't like someone's blog, simply don't read it! Not everyone's blog will fit everyone's fancy. It's surprising how so many "adults" will still act like children. Lame sauce!!
    Hope you are having an awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach, girl. I guess immaturity doesn't end with age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth! The blogging community is such a wonderful way to uplift people! I think for the most part people recognize that, but I wish everybody would use it in a positive manner instead of deciding to lame meanie-butts. Also, I'm really digging your new blog design. Super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree with you more. People are being so mean to me I want to slap them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been the victim of blogging bullying, but I've seen simply AWFUL comments on some other blogs. It always makes me so sad, especially because as a middle school teacher, I truly AM teaching ALL THE TIME that we shouldn't bully. Just like you said, if the adults of this nation can't treat each other wish respect, how can we expect our kids to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you said it. Everyone should live under the motto of treating others how they would want to be treated. The world would be such a kinder place

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you. And I know what place you are talking about! I wish we could take it down because it's just tasteless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not agree anymore. You said it! I held off blogging for sooo long because I was worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it if people posted horrible things. I feel so sorry for people that have had to endure it. So thanks for this post and acknowledging how hurtful it can be.

    http://learningtowalkintherain.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls