3/29/2013

ready to blog about it

disclaimer: this is something i have been keeping to myself for a long time. i have have been a little scared to share this with the world. partly because this is a really personal topic between us. i ask that you just support us in this and support me in this post. this was really hard for me to click publish. thanks loves! xoxo

print via

since starting this whole insanity program, i have been thinking about how this is pretty good distraction for me. from the whole getting pregnant thing. this is something i have only really talked about to a select few family members and friends. 

i have longed for a baby for a really long time {long for me}. about a year but, we didn't really start trying until end of last year. i say that because before it was just something we weren't preventing, ya know. towards the end of last year i went to the doctor to get checked out. she said everything looks good and to come back if nothing happens in the next 6-8 months. i felt relieved. since then i have had a few "ohh is this it" moments. my monthly's have been a little weird the last 2 months. which caused me to think "ohh is this it?" but, nope.

i think i have been so focused on it for months. wanting it to happen so bad. that i kind of make myself crazy. when people ask "when are you having a baby?" i get sad but, its not their fault. they have NO idea what i am thinking or feeling. i see babies at the store i ache for my own, or i see a pregnant girl and i long to be in her shoes. 

this is something i have struggled with for a while. trying to not being "jealous" or "envious" of those ladies. then amanda posted this post on wens and i realized being envious is something we all face and go through but, it's not healthy. i know my time will come and i will love it. during this whole part of my life i have learned that when i am at my low, i am not alone. i have dan, family, friends and my loving heavenly father there to comfort me. dan has really been there for me, and we have grown together as a couple. i feel so blessed to have him in my life. i love you babes!

i have really put my trust in my heavenly father. i know that we will be blessed with the blessing of being parents someday. it's still not easy but, with this new insanity program. i am spending more time focusing on being healthy and less time on how i can get pregnant fastest or worrying if i cannot get pregnant.

with all this said, i know there are couples who have been trying for years and have really gone through struggles. i feel for them, i wish them all the best and wish them a child of their own someday. 

man, this was really hard to write. it feels so good to finally get some of my thoughts into words. if any of you have any advice for us or if you want to just pray for us. we will return the favor. 

thank you to all you readers for being so understanding and loving this little blog of ours. we love you all! 
xoxo

16 comments

  1. Praying for you girlie. Hopefully now that your focusing on something else it will come easier, where you're not stressing about it. Stressing makes our bodies do crazy things. I am happy for you that you are focusing on insanity, and I will keep you in our prayers! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I can relate to this so much and I'm so glad you shared, because really you truly not alone. Me and the hubs have been trying since last July and I've had the same feelings over the months when I'd see a baby or a pregnant girl and with blogging it's been hard to ignore the almost monthly pregnancy announcements and bump updates. We finally did have the 'aha-this is it' moment this past Valentine's Day when I found out I was pregnant but it sadly didn't work out and I had a miscarriage.

    I believe it will happen in due time (for both of us) and I think it's great that you're distracting yourself (per se) and working on your health. I'm trying to do the same thing myself, so that when it does happen I will feel good on all ends. Sorry for the short story of a comment but just know you're not alone, and if you ever need anyone else to talk to, I'm only a click away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in tears. Sheesh. First of all, I'm flattered that you benefited from that post. Second, I let rude readers get the best of me when they told me that I was the only one who is envious of other women. I should have left it. And I totally hate myself for that right now. Third, I am so sorry you're dealing with this. Please know I'm here whenever you need me. I'm just a phone call or text away. You will get there! You've got a plan & you just keep on trusting in the big man upstairs. Also, I'm so sad I can't meet you next weekend. Can't wait til the real time actually comes!! I'll keep you in my prayers, pretty lady!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say, I deleted the post...and I should have left it. Ah! :/

      Delete
  4. Eryka, this trial is so near and dear to my heart. I have been struggling for the past three years with the same issue (although I have had 2 miscarriages). It can be such a hard thing to deal with. I feel the same way about being around pregnant people and babies. I usually love babies, but when my cousin had her baby a few months ago, I couldn't even bring myself to look at it, with out wanting to cry. Just know that there is a special baby that is just you and your husbands and it is waiting for you (sometimes that helps me). I know waiting on the "right timing" can totally suck (sometimes I feel like I might be waiting forever). Just know that there are others out there who are like you (so many!). You are in my prayers! If you ever want to talk let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing with us! I know that there are a lot of people out there who just take comfort in reading something like this because they realize they're not the only ones going through what they're going through. Especially because it seems like everyone but them is pregnant right now!

    Amberly
    http://amberlyandjoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eryka, thank you so much for this post. I have been suffering with Infertility for three years and it is the hardest trial of my life. I long to have a baby of my own. I was just thinking today how hard it is to be blogging and reading others blogs because so many are talking about their pregnancy and announcing pregnancy and it can get so discouraging that I almost decided today that I was done blogging. It crushes my heart every time I hear of someone getting pregnant. Don't get me wrong I am so ecstatic for them and for their journey and so happy that they will have that opportunity. I want you to know that you are not the only one. Don't be afraid to talk about this because of what people will think we are all here for you and you will be amazed at how many people are going through this same trial as you are. Those of us that are struggling with getting pregnant need to stick together and help each other get through these hard times. I am here for you if you need to just vent I am always looking to let a few tears be shed and I think my husband is a little sick of it sometimes. I will pray for you and I know you will have this joy but it sucks waiting and having to go through not having one. Again, I am here for you and know exactly what you are going through. Sorry for the long comment this is just dear to my heart.

    Sincerely,
    Kristin Schouten
    byouloveyou.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so great for sharing something so deep and hard. I myself feel like I can relate a little seeing as I haven't made it through the first step in having a baby (having a husband). Have you ever read my sister in laws blog? She often talks about infertility... www.therhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Eryka! Keep your chin up, dear! I can only imagine how difficult this was to write. Mike and I had been "not preventing" and sorta monitoring for about 15 months before it happened for us. I guess, when it did finally happen, I realized that it was all God's timing.
    And though I don't know you "in real life," I know that, whether it happens naturally or through adoption, when the time comes, you will be an absolutely phenomenal mother. Really. And don't worry about being a little bit envious or having those feelings - we are all human, an it's hard not to have those feelings toward someone (no matter how much you may love them) when you watch them get something that you have so desperately wanted for such a long time.
    Thank you so much for being so open and putting yourself out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi girl, I am so sorry you are going through this. It is really one of the hardest trials I have ever had to endure. I know the road is so depressing and lonely, but I am so glad you have your Dan to help you get through the hard days.

    It took us about three years to conceive our first baby, and most of those years were spent me crying and just hoping for a baby with all my might.
    If you want the name to the doctor who finally helped me get (and stay) pregnant, I would be glad to pass his name onto you! He is wonderful, nice, and funny...Just what a girl like me needed at the time. Every other doctor said everything was "fine", but he finally came up with a solution.

    I'll be thinking about you, Eryka!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying or you!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sending positive thoughts your way. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great post! Even though I'm not married, I picture myself in your shoes and I can imagine how heartbroken I would be! Keep your chip up, girl! You're a wonderful, beautiful girl and I know you will one day be blessed!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl, you know i am right there with you with this! i'm so so sorry, it is so tough. and i know everyone says it will happen with the lord's timing, but that definitely doesn't make it any easier. i'll definitely be keeping y'all in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. this is brielle. haha i always publish comments on the wrong account.

      xo, b.
      www.themisterandme.com

      Delete

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls