2 hours later i finally called back and said i really want to be seen that day. they said okay doctor ward can see you at 2. then we waited some more. i paced the house and dan washed dishes. there wasn't much talking. just a million prayers being said in my head.
as we waited in the doctors office i was scared that something was wrong. they finally called us back and after a rude nurses comment {dont even get me started} the doctor came in and talked to us for a little then he did an ultrasound to make sure everything was alright.
i can't even explain the feeling of seeing the baby on the screen and seeing the little flicker of the heartbeat. doctor said everything looked great and he was moving the ultrasound around and he says "are you guys in for the shock of your life?" in my head i said " duh we are having a baby!" that's when he says "there's two in there!" {cue the laughter and crying from us both} i said "are you serious?!" and there they were on the screen. both babies. two babies!
after we left the doctors office we started the phone calls. we must have made a million phone calls that day. we were on a high all day. after we got home we had to start packing for moab the next day.
we both slept like 4 hours maybe that night. too much to process. so it's been a few weeks since that crazy day and we are still processing but, it's starting to be more real. maybe it's because i am sick all the time. two babies means double the sickness, so fun right? ha.
we have been to our real doctor since that eventful day and heard the heartbeats, so amazing. my due date is febraury 13, 2014 but, full term for twins is 36-38 weeks. so janurary we will be parents to two babies!
so, we hope you stay with us as i document this crazy new journey we will be starting. i will be sharing bump updates and all things babies every so often. please forgive me in advance while i may not always post as i am still ealing with morning sickness all day.
here's to our new adventure with our plus two!

Eryka, I can't say it enough that I am so excited for you two. You both deserve this after all of the hardship and trying that you have been through! Those lucky babies will be so loved, and absolutely adorable! :) love you girlie!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!! Glad you were okay and that things with the pregnancy are going well!!
ReplyDeleteI will be here to read every step of the way. I'm seriously so excited for you. I got the chills reading this & can imagine how shocking & exciting it was at the same time. You wanted a baby so so bad. And now you get two. Lucky lucky girl. Thinking about you! IF there's anything I can send you {because of your sickness} please let me know!
ReplyDeleteSO EXCITING! I can't imagine that feeling... my husband always says we are going to have twins.. only time will tell! haha! Enjoy this journey and I seriously can't wait to keep reading about it! CONGRATS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh, eryka! i'm so happy for the two of you!! mem and i were overjoyed when we found out that you were preggo. :) so glad everything is okay and can't wait to see pics over the next couple of months. :D
ReplyDeletexo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com
I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous! I've always wanted twins! You guys are so lucky and you're going to be amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteAH SO EXCITING!!! Praise Jesus!!!
ReplyDeleteif you haven't already, go to babies r us and get Preggy Pops (or the Preggy Pop Drops) they are seriously a life saver for the morning sickness and nausea. SO GREAT.
ReplyDeletei can't wait to read more about your new adventure :)
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! That's so exciting! How much fun, what an adventure that will be!!!
ReplyDeleteI am just SOOOO excited for you!! Definitely would have been the shock of my life to find out there were TWO baking away :) You two are going to be the BEST parents! I hope the sickness goes away SOON!
ReplyDeleteyou are going to be the best little mama!
ReplyDeletesooo freaking excited, but you already know that.
K
Wow! That is amazing news Eryka!!! I didn't even have a clue you are pregnant! I just thought of you right this very second and had to visit and see how you been.
ReplyDeleteTWINS! That is so awesome! I am so very happy for you guys! That is a true blessing!!
Also, the images on your blog aren't showing up... they are triangles with exclamation marks!
Congrats to you and your husband!
I can't even imagine! I read this post the other day, it was one of the few that I read Saturday when I got home, I just haven't had a chance to respond yet! :P
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS, what amazing news!!! I'm so excited to see your pregnancy progress!
ReplyDelete