7/16/2013

how we found out


here we go....everyone has been dying to know how we found out we were having a baby {this was before we knew it was babies!}. 

do you remember this post  where i was in so much pain? well, that night is when i took a test. you see i was having the cramping pain all week but never got the monthly gift. i am never late so i kind of was hoping it was the real deal. 

after we went to dinner we ran to the store to grab some tests. i wasn't planning on taking the test that night but as i was getting ready for bed i decided what the heck, why not! i take the test and set it on the counter and wait. nothing was happening so i brushed my teeth and looked over at it there it was. the beautiful plus sign. i gasped and started to laugh due to complete shock. since we started trying in decemeber i always thought i would cry when i finally saw a plus sign. nope, complete shock took over and i just laughed. 



i could not believe my eyes. i opened the door and said " umm babe!!!" {still laughing} i brought the test over to him and he didn't say anything he was in shock too. i don't really remember the rest of that night. just remember we were in total shock!

saturday we went and bought a pregnancy book {just a little excited!} and not sure what else we did that day. oh and i was sick most of the day. lol! 

sunday i got up and took another test and it turned positive within seconds. i think it set in for me a little more after the second test! sunday was just a great day we both were so excited and scared for the journey ahead! 

monday we went to dinner with dan's parents and sister. i was tought to keep it a secret! we ended up going over to his parents house and telling them. they were sooo excited! 

tuesday was the day i went to ca to see my mom. the whole flight{s} i was soo sick. i told my stepdad and mom as soon i got in the car. they both cried. after we got to their house my mom wanted to get another test to see it for herself. so we did. and guess what? still pregnant! haha.

it was a whirlwind weekend. to say the least. 

come back tomorrow to read how we found out there was two babies! 

14 comments

  1. Ahhh, so excited and happy for you guys!!! You will be such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting. Reading this gave me the chills. I don't think anyone can ever explain just how shocked/excited/happy they are! Can't wait for that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about this! I can't wait to read how you guys found out you were having twins! Eryka, I am seriously so thrilled for you both. You and your sweet babies will be in my prayers as you go through this exciting journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eryka, I am so excited for you!! And you are having twins?! Gaah! So exciting! You will be a wonderful mother! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eryka, I am so excited for you!! And you are having twins?! Gaah! So exciting! You will be a wonderful mother! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eryka, I am so excited for you! And you are having twins?! Gaah! So exciting!! You are going to be a wonderful mother! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously so excited. I can't wait to hear about how you found out it was TWINS! I love stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So excited for you! What a whirlwind of emotions!!

    xo, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best ever!! :) this makes me oh so happy. Two little bundles of joy to squeeze and cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting!!!! : )I still can't believe you are having twins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am way excited for you! This is such an amazing time! I know you have been waiting for a while! And now you get 2!!!! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I'm so excited for you two! :) and that you get 2!!! :) So excited about tomorrow haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww that is so cool!
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls