1/10/2012

sad for no reason.

the last two days i have been a weird funk. i was kinda mad at myself because i set all these new goals and i thought i was doing so good. until the other day, i just felt blah. honestly, it's no fun when i get in these moods. poor daniel, has to deal with cranky attitude. {sorry babes, i love you} i hate when i get like this. 


i know the only way for me to kick this feeling is, make the changes i need to. nobody but me can fix this. the only way for me to really be happy with myself the way i am, is to accept me for me and work on being the best me i can be. 


one thing i really want to work on this year is my self worth. i found this video of a talk from dieter f. uchtdorf. it pretty much was what i need to hear at this time in my life. 







i am promising myself right now, to REALLY work on becoming the best me i can be. i am not going to let the little things get me down. i want this so bad, i want to finally be happy with myself the way i am. i know i can do this. i also understand it wont be easy at all, but i need to stick to it and work hard! i can do this! I CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS! 


i know you probably feel like i write alot of these posts about my struggle with being happy with me, but this is basically my journal since i am so bad at keeping a handwritten one. this is my way of getting everything out in words. something about writing it all out, that really can help a girl work through her issues. ya know?! 


thank you for listening//reading my thoughts. i have been thinking a lot about this blog, and i really want this to be REAL representation of me and my life. so, yeah this is the real me. im far from being perfect! 


{if you are a new reader, please leave a comment with your email or blog link. i love making new blog friends. so dont be shy!}

2 comments

  1. Sorry you've been feeling sad lately. That's awesome though that you're working through it to reach your goals. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I liked parts of the video.. I think he generalizes a bit when he says that when you accept and know yourself you will be truly happy. Of course there is truth in this, but then it also sounds like an unreachable goal, since I think we human beings will always have trouble accepting our every flaw and we will always have sad feelings every now and then.. At some time in my life I was sad a lot and it also had to do with self-acceptance, but the danger is that the 'ideal version' of ourselves that we try to live up to (being the best 'me') can seem out of reach.. I hope I don't offend anyone with saying this.. I guess what i try to say is that you are already trying and therefore on the right track. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, not even if the pressure is there to strive for the good. Simply do things you love, be nice to people and love yourself for trying.. not for reaching a goal.. :) Good luck!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls