***EDIT: I am overwhelmed with the response from this post. I appreciate all your love and support. You are all so amazing. Thank you for all your sweet words. This was a hard post for me to write and I am amazed by the response. I wrote this for me. For me to finally put my thoughts in to words. All of your sweet words are just a bonus. You have made me feel oh so loved. Thank you! <3***
ok so i guess im all about the deep posts these days. here is another post about something i have been thinking about A LOT lately.
i am sure i am not alone in noticing the amount of ladies who are preggers these days. there must be something in the water everywhere. ok, so as much as i honestly am happy for everyone who is pregnant. i can't help but be a little sad too. for the past month or two i have been so baby hungry. i am not really sure how to explain what im feeling but, i honestly feel like i am suppose/ready to be a mom. trust me i know it will be hard work, and its not all easy. so please, spare me the comments about how hard being a parent is.
a few weeks ago we had general conference . the very first two talks were on children. no joke, it was actually pretty funny. i kept laughing and looking at dan. he kept telling me to stop. haha. anyways, as i listened to the talks all of them seemed to be about children and what we are suppose to teach them. it got me thinking about what kind of mom i want to be. which lead to think about how i want to be a mom so bad.
we by no means trying to have a baby right now. dont get all excited. i know we have a lot we need to do in order to really be ready for this next step. with that said, i honestly believe that there is no RIGHT time for anyone to have a baby. it's not on our time it's on his time. him being God. only he really knows the right time. we can come up with all the excuses we want about why it's not the right time. when really, they are all crap.
i love this quote from this last conference.
"The creation of life is a great responsibility for a married couple. It is the challenge of mortality to be a worthy and responsible parent. Neither man nor woman can bear children alone. It was meant that children have two parents—both a father and a mother. No other pattern or process can replace this one." - Boyd K. Packer
with all this said, i know that it will happen for us when it's suppose to. i also know i can't be jealous or sad when i hear of someone i know who is pregnant. i need to be happy for them and understand that my time will come. i will be a mom, someday. i will be able to love, teach, guide and cuddle my own little one someday.
along with my desire to be a mom, comes alot of worried feelings. i worry people will judge me. worried they think i am too young or immature to be a mother to a child. i worry that people will be mean about this. i know that nobody's feelings really matter. having a child is decision that is between my hubby, God and i. nobody else's feelings matter. so, everyone who is reading this i hope you understand that and i hope that you can just support us when the time comes.
when the time comes for us to add one more to our little family, i will embrace it with all my heart and cherish it. until then i need to remember to cherish these times i have with dan. as a young married couple i should be grateful for all the time we have together and for life we have.
i cannot wait to have my own little. when the time is right. thank you for taking the time to read this and know i love each and everyone of you readers! xoxox
We are in the same boat lady! This post sounds exactly like what has been on my mind lately. I always snap myself out of it and think about how hard it would be if it happened "out of our plan" though, and that helps me. But I can't even get on pinterest without getting baby fever, it's just a matter that is up to God, honestly.
ReplyDeleteGreat post girl :)
Oh, this answered my prayers.
ReplyDeleteEryka, what a great post. It's something that I've been thinking about too. When Mike and I were walking downtown today, I saw a young mother with a double stroller and turned to Mike and said, "You know what kind of exercise I can't wait to do?" After he asked the obligatory question, I said "Push a baby stroller!" Then he said, with his grin, "You do know that there's a lot that goes into that situation, don't you?"
ReplyDeleteI think it's great to think positively about motherhood! Of course it takes preparation, and we don't have to necessarily ignore the warnings we get from older women about infertility issues, childbirth, the hardships of motherhood, etc. But thinking optimistically and positively makes a world of difference as we transition into that stage of our lives. Bring it on!
Also, I recently read a blog post about envisioning motherhood that I loved. Maybe you'll like it too: http://www.ablogaboutlove.com/2011/04/thinking-of-motherhood.html.
I am in love with this! You expressed yourself so well, and better than I ever had before I got pregnant ;) I agree that it's always within His time when you become parents. We were one of those couples that knew we wanted kids right off, but for medical reasons I went on birth control for a few months, and it totally messed with my system so when we were finally able to try months went by without positive results, and then BOOM it happened ;) I know you'll be a GREAT mom when your time comes! Just look at how mature you are already! Perfect ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm totally gonna steal your Boyd K Packer quote to use on my blog just FYI ;)
Thank you so much for sharing this!
I think the reason for so many babies lately is there is some conspiracy against birth control maybe?? jk ;) but really you're right, the timing is different for every family and thats ok! Enjoy alone time with the hubby and a clean house in the mean time :) I can't tell you how much I miss that! but of course we love our kid(s) so its still great but in a different way. If you ever are feeling extra baby hungry I'll be happy to drop McKenzie off anytime ;) I have no doubt when the babies start coming you'll be a great Mommy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEryka,
ReplyDeleteJust found you...
I've been feeling baby hungry too... I am blessed with one thriving 4 year old but I don't see any children in the near future... I'm divorced. BIG WRENCH in what I planned for my life. So NOT what I expected, BUT, I know that all things happen with faith and time and for their own reasons- even if it's differently than we had originally envisioned.
Thank you for sharing this... and I'm eager to get to know you better! :)
I just posted (and am still posting) the most beautiful story of my boyfriends sister (Megan) who was diagnosed with Leukemia as she was delivering her first child... her story is full of courage and love and is a beautiful reminder of how precious life really is.
XO
Jacy
*i deleted the above comment for typo's :)
Children are our greatest blessings in life :-)
ReplyDeleteOh I totally agree. Yes and yes. When the time is right, which isn't right now. But it will make me appreciate those little chicklets even more when they come.
ReplyDeletejust stumbled across your blog, & can totally relate.
ReplyDeleteand i completely agree. it'll happen when it's supposed to happen. even if we don't think it's the right time. :)
love your cute blog!
Babies truly are amazing and so much fun! Trust me I heard it all from everyone when we found out we were pregnant and you just want to shake them and say this is my time let me be happy! In the end what is best for you and your hubby is ALL that matters. When your time comes I look forward to seeing all of your lovely post and pictures!
ReplyDeleteEryka, you have a beautiful heart. So much wisdom speaks from this post. Knowing that Gods timing is the best timing makes me so happy. Hang in there girl. I know you will with that sweet and patient attitude of yours. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet email ;)
ReplyDeleteEryka I just want to say this... Since I didn't say it in my earlier comment...
TAKE YOUR TIME! It's OK to enjoy this time with your husband. Children are wonderful blessings, yes, but they also change everything... There is nothing wrong with wanting to wait a little longer... It's nobody's business but your own. And if anyone tries to meddle or persuade you or make you feel guilty for not jumping into motherhood right away, just smile, keep your head held high, maintain your dignity and keep being the awesome gal it sounds like you already are.
I love my son more than anything else, and too am baby hungry some days, but being divorced, there is NO WAY I'm going to rush into getting married, let alone having kids, just because that is what I'm supposed to be doing... Even though I desperately want my son to have a sibling... But you know what? This is about what's best for me and him... No one else and if people disagree, I just smile and shrug my shoulders ;)
Anyway, rambling.... Just wanted to tell you that! You're doing great!!!!! Enjoy this amazing time with your husband!!!! All things will happen in the right time frame!
Xo
*** new follower if you don't mind??
Thanks for your sweet email ;)
ReplyDeleteEryka I just want to say this... Since I didn't say it in my earlier comment...
TAKE YOUR TIME! It's OK to enjoy this time with your husband. Children are wonderful blessings, yes, but they also change everything... There is nothing wrong with wanting to wait a little longer... It's nobody's business but your own. And if anyone tries to meddle or persuade you or make you feel guilty for not jumping into motherhood right away, just smile, keep your head held high, maintain your dignity and keep being the awesome gal it sounds like you already are.
I love my son more than anything else, and too am baby hungry some days, but being divorced, there is NO WAY I'm going to rush into getting married, let alone having kids, just because that is what I'm supposed to be doing... Even though I desperately want my son to have a sibling... But you know what? This is about what's best for me and him... No one else and if people disagree, I just smile and shrug my shoulders ;)
Anyway, rambling.... Just wanted to tell you that! You're doing great!!!!! Enjoy this amazing time with your husband!!!! All things will happen in the right time frame!
Xo
*** new follower if you don't mind??
This is so wonderful.. let's be friends (:
ReplyDeleteLoved this, Eryka. When he Lord blesses you with that little one, you will be the best mother EVER!!! Love you,
ReplyDeletexo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com
ooooo
ReplyDeleteI struggled with this same thing when I got married. Told my husband I wanted to wait a year before we had kids. That changed. People have so many different opinions. "wait until you're both done with school. Wait till you own your own home. Wait till you have money saved up. have kids right away...you're supposed to multiple and replenish the earth." The answer? Do what YOU feel is right for YOUR family. Simple really. I love that you grasp that its totally up to you and your hubby and Heavenly Father. No one else. And when you DO have kids....you'll be so excited. It'll be YOUR time..not someone elses. :)