4/03/2012

a guest post: ashley from life as i know it


Hi! It's Eryka today we have a special treat for you. Hope you all enjoy getting to know Ashley! I have added some comments to her post in italics! :)

Hey everyone, I am Ashley from Life As I Know It.


If you are looking for Eryka, you will find her over on my blog today, as we have decided to switch it up today! So with that being said, let me introduce myself.
I am a Canadian girl, wife to a part-time firefighter, and a mom to 3 cats and 2 golden retrievers, needless to say, my life is far from dull. I work as a medical assistant, specializing in Cardiology, but I also enjoy doing photography on the side! My husband's name is Mike and we are in the process of buying into the family's farm drainage business. We have been married for almost 5 years (coming up on July 21), we are living in 2nd house. -Congrats on 5 years! Exciting! 

Speaking of houses, we have been having a bit of fun around here updating and renovating. You can check out our old house here. We bought it when we were 20 and 21, instead of renting. It was small, yet just right for the two of us, which then turned into the the 4 of us and then 5... after 4 years and a household of pets, we began to outgrow it and decided to move. We tripled our square footage, yet moved across the village. You can see the progress of our current home here. We just recently tackled the great room/kitchen/foyer. We decided to take down a closet and create a half wall and install some new floors! Here is the before picture:- I wish we had our own house so we could do projects like this!



and here is how things look now:


 -I love that wall color soooo pretty and love the kitty!

We have added curtains and pictures on the wall, but I have not taken an updated photo, but I will be soon, so you will just have to pop by my blog to see! We enjoy DIY projects, especially now that Pinterest is around!!
Thanks soo much for reading! Be sure to pop by sometime and see what else we have on the go!! I love new followers and finding new blogs to follow!! -No, thank you Ashley!
Have a great day, hope to see you around my neck of the woods!! You can find me over HERE!!!

Isn't she the cutest? I love her home re-do. I long for the day when we have our own home to fix up! Hope you all are having a wonderful week. Oh yeah HAPPY APRIL! A happy list will be coming soon! I will be back tomorrow with normal posting and updates about the fun I have been having with the momma! XOXO

3 comments

  1. Awww thanks Eryka! You are too sweet ;) Thank you for your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the home remodeling! I can't wait to see it all complete with pictures and such! I'll just have to pop on over for good now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the movie Fireproof? Her husband looks JUST like the guy that plays Wayne on that movie!! And he plays the part of a firefighter in the movie too! :P

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the blog love. I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Have a happy day! :)

Copyright © 2013 abcde | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Studio Smalls